Monday, November 6, 2017

Fabulous Foundation

Hello my beauties. Thanks for stopping by today.  Today I tried out a new primer, foundation and concealer. Want to see how it worked and know my thoughts?  Then keep reading.

Don’t be scared. Lol. It’s just me first thing in the morning with no makeup and no coffee. 😂😂
I wanted you guys to be able to see the difference after applying the products. As you can see I have a few scars, large pores, under eye bags that aren’t pretty, and uneven textured skin.  Let’s get to the makeup......

First I applied Soap & Glory’s  One Heck of a Blot Instant Perfecting Power Primer. There is 1 fl oz per tube and I found it at Target. I caught their 20% off all Soap & Glory products.  These products are made in Switzerland and runs about $14.  The claims are that this Primer will absorb oil and control shine all day. With Pore-Shrink Technology to instantly diminish the appearance of pores and Shrink-Bloc 12-hour Matte Sheres for all day shine control, this Primer helps hide imperfections, even out skin tone, and reduce the appearance of redness. It also claims to make your makeup last longer.   S&G does not test their products on animals, which is a plus. Ok so now that all the technical information from the website and back of the box are out of the way, let me tell y’all what I think.  I liked it. It went on smooth and you didn’t need a lot of it. No matter what Primer I use, I can still see my pores so unless someone invents spackle primer, it is what it is. It didn’t have a fragrance, which was nice. It also dried down uickly and made my skin feel smooth.

Next, I applied a new foundation....Hard Candy’s Glamoflauge Full Coverage Foundation.  This foundation comes in a pump which I love.  On the website it states....This skin perfecting fluid contains superfine pigments for seamless full coverage with looking caked on. Infused with kaolin clay for exceptional wear and oil absorption. Skin retains natural moisture for 12 hours of flawless perfection and transfer resistance. Whew, those are some serious claims.  There are 8 shades to choose from, has 1 fl oz, no off putting smell and can be purchased at Walmart for $8. I like Hard
Candy products. Everything I’ve purchased, with the exception of the Pore Serum, has worked really well and is very affordable. I applied the foundation and blended with a beauty blender. No problems at all with blending.

So then I added the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer under my eyes, noses forehead and chin.  According to the website this is a heavy duty, multi use concealer that provides ultimate coverage. It’s very thick. I used the same beauty blender to blend it out and didn’t have any issues. I would dare to compare this concealer to the Shape Tape. Not sure I would consider it a dupe but it’s really close. I purchased this at Walmart for $6. It comes in a squeeze tube and has 20 g of product. 

So, the next picture is of just the primer, foundation and concealer on my face then one of my full face on and ready for the day. 



I wore this full face for about 12 hours and I have to say I’m pretty impressed. I didn’t touch up once...no blotting, no powder. The makeup stayed put and looking fresh all day. I did set it with setting spray and that review will be coming soon. I want to try this primer with other foundations and this foundation and concealer with other primers to see how they work. But these three products work very well and I like them. 

Here’s a picture after about 10 hours. What do y’all think?




No comments:

Post a Comment