Monday, November 13, 2017

Setting Sprays

Welcome back to my blog. Yesterday I talked about an unusual primer that really works. I am honestly thinking that it is going to become my holy grail, ride or die primer. I’ve still got a few that I am testing out and I’ll do reviews on those but I am leaning towards the Monistat. That still sounds so weird to me. Lol.

Today my review is a setting spray. Now I went years and years without using one of these sprays. When I was a teen, we didn’t have setting sprays. Nowadays there are hundreds of them. Matte finish. Dewey finish. Long lasting. 16 hour. Oil control. You name it you can find a setting spray for it.

I’ve tried a few so far and honestly, it seems they all work the same for the most part. I haven’t been able to try the high end ones so I can only attest to drugstore brands. I don’t really care for the E.L.F.  Mist and Set. The nozzle allows too much of a forceful spray to come out.  If that isn’t an issue for you then it may work for you. You can purchase it anywhere E.L.F. products are sold or online. It costs about $3 for 2 fl oz of spray.



The next one, Milani’s Make It Last, is pretty good. The nozzle delivers an even mist. On their website it states that this spray keeps that just applied look for up to 16 hours. It claims to prime, correct and set your makeup without creases or smudges, prevents fading and shine. Provides a matte finish. The first ingredient is water. The second is alcohol denate. It will cost you around $10 for 2.03 fl oz. You can purchase it at most drugstores and Target stores. I like this one. It works well and my makeup stays put. I haven’t tested the 16 hour claim yet though. The only draw back is the fragrance. Remember that big container of powder with the giant pouf on your grandmothers dresser? Well that’s the smell. It’s very strong when first applied but after drying the scent fades. I use a fan to dry it quickly. 😁

The next sprays I’ve tried are the NYX Matte Finish and the Dewey Finish. These are not my favorites. I honestly can’t see a difference between the two. The spray from the nozzle is even and soft and there isn’t a scent. They seem to work fairly well locking my makeup down. I find NYX at my local Target store.  There isn’t a huge description of either one on the website. The matte finish does have 4.5 stars and the Dewey finish has 4.6. Both have water and alcohol listed as the first two ingredients. These will run you $8 for 2 oz of product.


My favorite setting spray so far is by Hard Candy. I have only found one product from this company that I haven’t liked. They have two setting sprays....both are Fast and Fabulous Sheer Envy sprays, one just offers added oil control.  Some of the claims are that it is a 12 hour spray, reduces the need for touch up throughout the day, helps prevent your makeup from melting, fading and settling into fine lines.  The nozzle is fantastic. You get a fine, smooth mist that dries fairly quickly. I live in an area where our summers are very humid and I used this spray all summer. My makeup stayed on beautifully. I pay right around $8 for 2.2 oz of spray and one bottle lasts me about a month. Hard Candy is also cruelty free.

I have the L’oreal Infallible setting spray to try but I want to finish my open ones first. I am hoping to order the Gerard Slay all Day in a couple of weeks. I’ve heard great things about that one. The only high end one I really want to try is Urban Decay’s All Nighter.

I would love to know y’all’s favorite setting sprays. Leave me a comment or send me a message on Instagram @emilythubbron.

Thanks for stopping by. It means a lot. See ya next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment