Tuesday, November 14, 2017

SuperShock Shadows

Welcome back to my blog. Today I’m super excited to give you some first impressions of my recent order from Colourpop. I ordered on Nov. 10th and received my complete order on Nov. 13th. That’s a great delivery time.

For those of you who don’t know about Colourpop, they are based in California and their products are made in the USA. They were founded in 2014, so they haven’t been around long. Colourpop is a cruelty free company. They have a nice range off products including lip products, eye products and face products. Now, let’s talk Makeup!!!

I ordered 9 of the Super Shock Shadows, one of the Super Nova Shadows, a Concealer and a liquid lip. Let’s talk about the concealer first.

I have heard great things about this concealer. I’ve heard it called a dupe for Tarte’s Shape Tape, which I adore but hate how expensive it is. Y’all know I’m all about saving some dollar bills. So, the No Filter Concealer comes in 15 Shades. Since I am transparent I ordered Fair 5. On Colourpop’s website it has 4.5 Stars. The site states, “Our lightweight, creamy concealer was formulated with soft blurring pigments to give you a creaseproof,matte finish. No filter needed. “.  There is 4 grams of product in the tube and costs $6. I used it today for the first time and I liked it. It worked well with my foundation, blending was very easy and it even stayed on my nose. I would say it’s a very close dupe for the Shape Tape.

Next is the Ultra Matte Lip. I purchased the color Avenue. It will cost you $6 for a 3.2 gram tube.  According to the site, “This thin, lightweight formula smoothly glides on the lips leaving SUPER intense pigment with a bold, ultra matte look. It is very long-wearing and 100% kiss proof.”  I must say that this claim is true. šŸ˜. It stayed put. Almost all day. I was pleasantly surprised. I have a hard time with lipstick of any kind staying on but this one has lasting power.

Ok. Now on to the Shadows. If you have never used one of these super shock Shadows be prepared. It’s completely different than a normal pressed powder Shadow. I was definitely not ready. When I went to swatch it, I pressed a bit hard and left my fingerprint in the top of the pot. Imagine my surprise. I thought I had ruined it. Lol. They are extremely creamy and soft. The pattern on the top is pretty too.

The description on the site and on the card that came with the Shadows state, “Our famous long wearing creme powder formula with a unique bouncy like texture delivers bold color with one swipe without creasing, fading or fallout.”  You can apply them with your finger for maximum coverage or with a synthetic brush for easy blending. Make sure it’s a synthetic brush so the product doesn’t soak into the bristles. You need to use a light hand when dipping your brush too. It’s very easy to leave marks if you press too hard. Once applied, the creme turns powdery and blends very nicely. I used an eyeshadow primer as well as a light transition color before applying them. I wanted to use all 9 but figured that might be a bit much. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Here are swatches of the colors I purchased along with the Super Nova Shadow in Firecracker.

Tassel is a true bright white with silver glitter
Firecracker is the liquid Super Nova Shadow that is a cool toned Burgundy with gold duochrome and silver, gold and green glitter

Dynasty is a matte blackened red
Paradox is a warm satin burgundy
Drift is a satin true cranberry
Summer Side is a matte, rich red brown

Elixir is a matte terra-cotta 
Shop is a matte deep coral
Coconut is a satin bright teal
Roulette is a matte true black


I am so in love with Colourpop now. I can see myself owning every color of these Super Shock Shadows. Lol. Oh my poor wallet. They are worth getting. Colourpop has sales all the time too. So be on the lookout for those.  

As far as wearability these Shadows did great. No flaking, creasing or fall out. 

I have also placed orders with 2 indie brands so reviews will be coming on those. 



No comments:

Post a Comment